INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION 2017 (ICFSN 2017) in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia from 25th to 26th October 2017
ICFSN 2017 provides an avenue for local and international research proponents to interact critically, engage in research collaboration and knowledge transfer. The theme for this year’s conference is “Exploring the Foods for Future: Scientific Discovery and New Trends.”
Registration for international delegates has already started and the deadline for this is set on 30 June 2017.
call for papers:
Members of the academe and researchers in the field of food science and nutrition are invited to submit their papers to be presented during the conference to an audience of scientists, government agencies and food industries.
Research findings can be showcased through oral or poster presentation. Abstracts are to be submitted until 31 May 2017, while the full paper must be submitted until 30 September 2017.
Five main themes for submission include, but not limited to:
- Innovative Food Products and Processes
- Food Safety and Quality
- Food Security
- Food and Culture
For more details, visit the conference website: http://icfsnmalaysia2017.org
Click here for the conference brochure: http:http://icfsnmalaysia2017.org/ICFSN2017-First_announcement.pdf
Agency: Bureau of Agricultural Research
Position: Agriculturist II
Item No.: OSEC-DAB-AG2-565-1998
Salary Grade: 15
Place of Assignment: Quezon City
Qualification Standards: Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the job; One (1) year of relevant experience; Four (4) hours of relevant training; RA 1080 (Agriculturist); Second level eligibility
Deadline: March 03, 2017
1. ITEC Incubation Programme Brief
Globalization and liberalization of economies and the growth of ICT has created enormous opportunities for knowledge based ventures. Innovation and entrepreneurship are critical drivers of social and economic development. With increasing awareness around the world, especially in developing economies, about the need to promote Innovation and Entrepreneurship, policymakers and other stakeholders increasingly view business incubation as an important tool to unleash human ingenuity, enable competitive enterprises and create sustainable jobs. This has resulted in the growth of Business Incubators to support new ventures, overcome the challenges faced by entrepreneurs and establish an ecosystem for the venture initiation process so that the start- ups are successful.
The challenges of developing an effective business the incubator can be met only by preparing and equipping the Incubation Managers in all the functional areas of the business incubation process. This can be done only through sharing of knowledge between incubation managers who have learned these processes by experience.
Engaging in international networking will also allow the incubators in developing countries to more rapidly adapt internationally recognized best practices. These programmes will also make the incubation managers understand the commonalities among the business incubators across regions and draft a strategy for the effectiveness of the incubator, based on the local conditions and environment.
The Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program promotes food security and economic growth by providing training and collaborative research opportunities to fellows from developing and middle-income countries.
Nominees must have demonstrated their ability to communicate by written material; public presentations; and/or the use of television, radio, or other social media. They should be recognized by their peers as scientists who have made significant contributions in their professional fields.
The programme has been specially designed for professionals involved in activities related to promoting innovations through planned Entrepreneurship interventions. It is, therefore, especially suited to the following:
- Incubation Managers
- Academia / Professionals intending to set up Incubation Centers
- Business Counselors
- Entrepreneurship Trainer-Motivators
- Business Promotion Officers
- Executives of Government Organizations engaged in Investment/Business Promotion
- Business Advisors/Consultants
The programme is designed to answer the following key challenges faced by the incubators:
- Create an entrepreneurial ecosystem
- To be the ‘change agent’ in the region of operation in a specific Technology area
- Competent, Innovative, Sustainable Management for the Business Incubator
- Provide the infrastructure which suits the company's needs
- Establish relationships and alliances that strengthen the business incubator and Services rendered to businesses
- Train innovative, entrepreneurial and committed teams to conduct the business Incubation process
- Adjust business incubation models to the economic, cultural, social and political realities of each region or country
- Identify sources of funding and business models that ensure business incubator sustainability
- Structure collaboration amongst business incubators, with the overall aim of strengthening the movement
- Keep the businesses and business incubators up-to-to date on major international technological and market trends
- Transform the business incubator into a symbol of entrepreneurship and innovation
Benefits to participants
The participants will acquire an insight into:
- identifying and analyzing constraints and barriers to promote innovations and devise appropriate strategies;
- initiating, planning and implementing business incubation activities for promoting Knowledge based enterprises;
- sensitizing the environment for extending timely assistance and support required for Establishment of technology based business ventures;
- counseling the entrepreneurs in various areas of business establishment and management
The programme will help the business incubation managers to build their capacity in the areas of incubator practices, identifying support mechanisms for incubator, technology commercialization, financing strategies for the clients.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATION FORM AT ITEC, MEA, GoI :
9th November 2016
COURSE DIRECTOR :
Mr. S. B. Sareen
The programme is co-sponsored by the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The programme will have professional support from Asia Pacific Incubator Network (APIN), Coimbatore.
2. Fellowship Support
The Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, supports the programme by offering fellowships to cover the following:
- Tuition fee
- A.C. accommodation in well furnished rooms on single occupancy basis
- Living Allowance* (Food Expenses + Out-of-Pocket Allowance)
- Book Allowance (in the form of Course Material, Cases, CD, etc.)
- Air Travel (Economy Class) to Ahmedabad and back, by shortest route.
Participants must possess a valid passport and visa for the entire duration of the course.
* Out of total living allowance, a part of it will be deducted by EDI towards boarding facilities (breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea/coffee) provided at EDI campus and the balance will be given to the participants as out-of-pocket allowance to meet sundry expenses towards laundry, mineral water and the like. In view of the limited living allowance, candidates are advised to bring extra foreign exchange to meet additional expenses, such as; shopping, ISD calls and excess baggage allowance at the time of return.
3. Application Procedural Formalities
Guidelines for application process: Application form has been made 'on-line'
- Please open the ITEC website www.itecgoi.in through Google. There go and click ‘Apply for ITEC/SCAAP Course’. This will open the Application Form.
- ITEC has uploaded details of courses for the year 2016-2017
- To start with, please select your country under ‘Nationality’.
- In the box ‘Area of Study’ select ‘SME/RURAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES’ as EDI programmes fall under this category.
- Then under ‘Name of Course’, select your choice of programme i.e. “Promoting Innovations & Entrepreneurship through Incubation”.
- Under ‘Name of Institute’, please select ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE OF INDIA.
- Please go through the Step-wise guidance carefully.
Likewise, you have to fill-up all the boxes without missing any one of them.
We have already uploaded the course details and application process on our website as well. We request you to check course details in our website at www.ediindia.org under 'International Programmes 2016-2017'. Here, you can also find the details on fellowship support available.
4. How to submit the Application Form?
- Please note that the application has to be filled “online” only and need to be password protected.
- Password policy is that in the text box enter the password with minimum length of 8 letters containing at least 1 special character, 1 numeric, 1 alphabet in upper case. Please remember the password for future use and do not share with anyone.
- You have to submit your application directly to the Indian High Commission/Indian Embassy in your country and not to us. For this purpose, after filling up the nomination form, please get it endorsed by the Nodal Ministry (as advised by the Indian Mission) and thereafter, submit it to the Indian Mission for their endorsement. After this procedure, your application will reach ITEC office, New Delhi, India, for their approval.
- An Applicant is not to attach any documents while filling in on-line application except to enter the required information asked for. However, they are required to attach the same with the hard copy of their application which is required to be submitted to the nodal ministry duly signed by them.
- Nodal Ministry is different from Embassy of India. In each country, a specific Ministry has been identified as a nodal ministry to endorse the ITEC nomination form. It could be Ministry of Industry & Commerce or Ministry of Education & Cultural Affairs so on and so forth. You may have to check up this aspect with the Indian Mission in your country.
- You may please send the scanned version of the duly endorsed nomination along with photocopies of relevant documents (hardcopies of educational testimonials, English Proficiency Declaration duly signed by you and Medical Report duly endorsed by a Registered Physician) to the Indian Mission at their e-mail id.
- Target group eligible for admission is from 25 to 45 years.
- Last date for receipt of nomination at ITEC is 9th November, 2016.
5. Venue and Accommodation
Programme will be organized at wi-fi enabled EDII Campus located in a serene and pleasant environment, 5 kms away from the Ahmedabad International Airport on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway in Gujarat State. Ahmedabad is well connected by air and rail with the commercial hub centre-Mumbai and the capital city-New Delhi.
Participants will be housed in International Standard single occupancy, AC rooms which are well furnished. All the rooms have attached bath-toilet. The campus also has courts for outdoor games like; volleyball, football and badminton, and facilities for indoor games, like; table-tennis, chess and carom. It also houses a gym. Classrooms are also air-conditioned. Semi-formal attire would be preferred in classrooms. However, participants may like to carry formal clothing for group photo and valedictory function. During study visits, participants will be put up in hotels.
The Institute will not make any sort of arrangements for friends or family members of the participants and hence the participants are requested to ensure that they are not accompanied by anybody. Throughout the training programme, EDII will facilitate participants to visit places of interest in and around the city. However, for better management of the programme, it may please be noted that participants cannot leave the campus on their own without seeking explicit permission from the Institute.